Primary Function of Position:
The IT Support Superintendent is the first line of escalation for any issues or questions from Tier I technicians. They are responsible for documenting and improving Tier I processes, and training and ensuring compliance of those processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Provide day to day support and supervision to Tier I support personnel to address questions regarding ticket escalations, policy, procedures, etc.
- Mentor IT Support personnel to achieve SLA’s, Stated Goals & Stretch Goals
- Meet Management expectations for IT Support & Helpdesk Supervision
- Manage the Tier I group scheduling to effectively meet helpdesk coverage expectations during out of the ordinary events such as CAST support, Worldwide Sales Meetings, Field Service class support, technician training sessions, sick and vacation absences.
- Produce and make available shared knowledge and tools that will help Tier I’s function in their roles to resolve first level tickets/calls from corporate and field based ISI employees.
- Knowledgebase articles (identify, write, approve, publish)
- Disseminate new information to team and/or group
- Work with higher level techs to produce and disseminate new process steps and information
- Example: Imaging process, Marimba installs
- Develop new hire and continued technician training for Tier I group
- New IT hires – Remedy, procedure, policy, etc
- Continue to train technicians in an effort to standardize output product of Tier I group.
- Develop and revise Tier I procedures as necessary
- Attend Tier II meetings and assist with communication across Tier I and Tier II groups.
- Identify needs for Tier I that may be addressed by Project role.
- 4 year college degree required
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting Windows operating system computing environment.
- Previous experience in a help desk environment required.
- Previous experience on IT support on manufacturing lines, prioritization , and team work with different departments
- Must be able to work independently and self-directed, as well as, within a team.
- Experience training and mentoring new IT Support personnel
- Must have strong organizational skills, and excellent both verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidate should be flexible and able to complete projects outside normal daily duties as needed.
- English 80%