Who We Want
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
What You Will Do
Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and recommends programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. Conducts inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals. Facilitates environmental and safety training or education programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with country, state and local regulations for EH&S related programs;
- Implement and maintain EH&S procedures and/or work instructions;
- Implement and maintain required EH&S training programs;
- Implement and maintain multi-shift safety support teams;
- Implement and maintain management and frontline employee commitment to EH&S policies and procedures;
- Assist and/or conduct the incident investigations and the implementation of corrective actions;
- Assist and/or conduct training as necessary to ensure EH&S compliance;
- Aid in the implementation of local requirements for health and safety programs;
- Coordinate and/or conduct safety committee meetings and ensure items are addressed appropriately;
- Evaluate and review new and existing manufacturing operations to identify and resolve any EH&S related issues;
- Conduct routine EH&S audits and inspections and report findings to management staff;
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to the environment and workers' health or safety;
- Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future;
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials;
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with environmental and safety standards and government regulations;
- Implement, and maintain hygiene programs, such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, or asbestos management plans;
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, or other potentially toxic materials for analysis;
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, or other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance;
- Facilitate environmental and safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment;
- Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation and regulations;
- Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment;
- Additional duties as necessary.
What You Will Need
- B.S. in Renewable Energy or Environmental Engineering;
- 3-5 years in Environmental, Health & Safety discipline;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to interpret policies and procedures accurately;
- Ability to establish and maintain an inventory control system and keep accurate and up-to-date records;
- Ability to organize and coordinate;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Advanced English is required.