Kinedu is on a mission to unleash early childhood development at scale by fostering quality learning experiences at home and at school and everywhere in between. The majority of a child’s brain develops in the formative years before he or she enters kindergarten, and yet the early childhood development ecosystem is highly unstructured globally with 66% of children under 2 at home, and 75% of children under 5 in a family care setting, which means unequal opportunity for babies to get the best possible start in life. Parents are busy and struggle to find and apply early childhood principles. Educators in early childhood, while being a fundamental resource for parents all over the world, are consistently in the lowest-paid professions across geographies. All in all, adults in every setting are resource and time-constrained and are expected to provide high-quality care without much support.
Kinedu seeks to change that by providing parents with an app that presents simple and engaging personalized video-based developmental activities for 0 to 4-year-old children. The Kinedu Skills® model allows families to understand how children are developing. Our catalog of over 2,000 video-based activities is focused on whole-child development and includes hundreds of articles and content focused on reducing uncertainty for parents during the first few years, all available in three languages - English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Kinedu reaches over 500,000 users monthly and has millions of emails in its database, its main markets being the United States, Brazil, and Latin America. Our solution ensures that children's learning has a timely start, and is guided by holistic, science-based guidelines.
Additionally, we have developed products to serve the leaders of center-based early childhood development and schools (daycares, pre-Ks, etc), allowing them to bridge the gap between home and school with an online platform to enable virtual engagement. We have an exciting pipeline of additional products and are at an exciting inflection point of growth. Are you ready to help us build a better world through education?
What you’ll do
As the Customer Insights Manager, you’ll deliver customer, competitive, and market insights to impact business decisions and drive revenue. You’ll be responsible for managing and conducting user research with current and prospective kinedu users, ensuring key partners throughout the company receive qualitative feedback on a consistent basis.
Your insights will lead to better features, new services, more compelling ad campaigns, and newsworthy PR stories. This is a highly visible role with opportunities to work directly with leadership and work on projects that are critical to growth at kinedu.
We are seeking candidates who are equally creative and analytical, those who can design and manage custom research studies with proven hands-on experience, a hunger to drive significant business outcomes, and an orientation toward strategic thinking for growth.
- Set the Customer Insights vision, establishing the metrics, goals, define the strategies and tactics to deliver
- Work with marketing and product teams to create mechanisms for gaining customer feedback across key touch-points in the customer journey
- Deliver reports and presentations that will help cross-functional teams and leadership understand the insights from research and take action
- Develop, manage and execute consumer insights plan to understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviors, key functional and emotional requirements, consumption occasions, and translate those findings into insights to be used as foundations to drive future growth
- Utilize existing research and data, integrating new sources of data to ensure the most impactful insights are shared with key stakeholders
- Partner closely with product, marketing and sales to ensure the voice of customer is clearly defined and prioritized in the product and marketing materials
- Mine large amounts of disparate data, interviews, and feedback to uncover the "killer" insight that translates into actionable opportunity
- Partner with key teams to develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans, to design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness
What you bring
- 3+ years working in hands-on consulting, marketing, strategy, insights, or analytics
- Exceptional at finding trends in the data, articulating the “so what,” and translating insights into strategic recommendations with good business judgement
- Comfortable navigating large datasets, stitching and analyzing disparate and complex data
- Independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player and is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Previous experience conducting qualitative research as well as in-person or remote interviews
- Self-starter who possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around reports
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; you can distill complex data down into key, digestible, actionable insights
- Proven management experience, ability to lead own team and to work collaboratively with other teams in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem-solving with passion for driving action and making direct impact on business outcomes
- Proactive, you don’t wait for the solution to be handed down to you
What you’ll get
- You’ll join a startup that is part of: Endeavor, 500 startups, and has been awarded by App Store and Google Play teams.
- Opportunity to join a team of talented, driven, dynamic, and results-oriented professionals
- A chance to work at an international startup focused on improving early childhood development at scale with 7M+ users in more than 230 countries
- Competitive compensation package with great benefits