We are looking for expertise in software engineering best practices with strong problem solving and communication skills, and knowledge and interest in Intel Architecture and silicon debug.
Our solutions are typically comprised of both software and hardware, and include JTAG debug tools validation content execution and manufacturing test that are used in the production of nearly every silicon product manufactured by Intel. Our software is used by many product groups within Intel and by large well-known technology customers outside of Intel.
As a Software Engineer you will bring about the next generation of debug tools for the validation community and our internal and Intel's external customers. The tools you'll develop will play a critical role in silicon architecture debug and validation. They are a key part to bringing Intel silicon to market in every segment from devices to servers. We are in a unique position within Intel where we work with every CPU, AI, autonomous driving product Intel produces. It is a dynamic team that often needs to work with our customers so good communication skills will be needed.
Primary responsibilities include software development, software design, writing tests, debug and bug fixes. In addition to that we help our customers use our tools and root cause a variety of issues during silicon power-ons and mentoring less experienced engineers. Initial ramp includes learning about software features, architecture and code base. Technology learning about, JTAG, Debug for I3C, silicon debug features, and Intel Architecture.
Our team leverages modern development practices and is supported by Continuous Integration regression systems. Opportunities exist for you to mentor less experienced engineers in our organization. We support trying new things, continued learning and professional growth.
A successfulc andidate would exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Works well in a team environment
- Effective communication
Relevant experience can be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, and/or work experience.
- Must have a minimum of a BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (degree can be offset by additional 4 years of experience)
- 2+ years of experience in object-oriented or systems software development
- Experience in one or more leading languages including: Python, C, C++, Java, C#
- Intermediate English Level
Inside this Business Group
- Proficiency in one or more of these languages: C, C++, Python
- Familiarity with software architecture concepts including: Design Patterns, SOLID
- Familiarity with IA32 Intel architecture, operating systems and drivers.
- Familiarity with one or more IO transport protocols: JTAG, I2C, USB, PCIe, SMBus, GPIO
- Experience with hardware software integration debug
- Knowledge of Agile processes and practices
The everyday contributions of the Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) team are essential to retaining/regaining Intel's product leadership. We validate, debug, and tune the newest designs and world-changing technologies that enrich the lives of every person on earth. We play a critical role in completing the PRQs of Intel products and in Intel's ability to deliver the annual technology platforms in our roadmap.